9.07.2011

thirty-five

each new year is a fount of endless possibility. a chance for a fresh start. a new perspective. 

for me, birthdays are the same. last month, in the days leading up to my birthday, i contemplated, i listed, i edited... examining what is truly important to me. what makes me who i am and who i want to be.

the result is a list of thirty-five :: thirty-five things i want to do or accomplish before my 35th birthday.

this list is an accountability partner. it gently nudges me toward my goals while encouraging me to enjoy the journey. to love the life i live.

this list is about stretching myself... creatively, socially, physically, and intellectually. this list is about being a better wife, mother, friend, artist, writer, athlete, and citizen. a better me. the best me.

























the list ::

1:: read 35 books
2:: try 35 new recipes
3:: learn how to knit
4:: finish hexagon afghan
5:: walk half-marathon
6:: run 5k or 10k race
7:: find a doctor
8:: sell at least one piece of artwork
9:: have a yard sale
10:: eat mushrooms
11:: take the kids to mammoth cave
12:: make 35 things
13:: print and frame wedding photos
14:: grow an herb garden
15:: have lunch or dinner with an old friend
16:: take the kids to the zoo
17:: sell or donate all the clothes we don't wear
18:: call a friend at least once a month
19:: attend a concert or play
20:: seek out local art opportunities
21:: complete a "week in the life" project
22:: send handmade cards to at least 5 people
23:: give nutwood studio a facelift
24:: be an educated vegetarian for a week
25:: plant a vegetable garden
26:: write a short story or a book for children
27:: advocate for something that is important to me
28:: find an opportunity to volunteer
29:: do something for the first time
30:: write 35 lists
31:: thank someone to whom i have not expressed proper gratitude
32:: learn how to use my garmin
33:: walk/run/bike at least 500 miles
34:: attend a conference, workshop, convention or class
35:: submit a project, article, or story for a contest or publication

my journey has begun.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like you have a great 35th year planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great list. My 34th is a couple weeks away. I may need to do something similar. Heres to a great 34th year!

    ReplyDelete