because right now, my life is all about goals and i am loving it.
my thirty-five life list project is well under way, and i have crossed many things off that list that i haven't shared yet. i will share in time. i look forward to sharing my stories, but right now i am spending my time pursuing these goals with vigor. i am getting out there and seeking to live life to the fullest.
so why (when i already have a list of 35 goals to achieve before my 35th birthday on august 5) have i decided to take on a new challenge?
well... one of my favorite blogs to visit is danni's oh, hello friend blog. when she invited friends to participate in her "twelve by 2012" project of goals, i loved the idea.
after several days of thinking (because that's just how i am), i have created a list of 12 goals to achieve before the end of the year.
several of these goals are also on my 35 list, so this project will give me a little push to get some of those items crossed off my list sooner.
i have also added a few new goals. some of them were considered for my 35 list, but didn't make the cut. i haven't been able to get them off my mind, so i am excited to have a new reason to pursue them.
so thanks, danni, for the inspiration. here's my list ::
- walk/run/bike at least 100 miles
- participate in winter market sponsored by the community farmers market
- complete a gratitude project
- clean out the closets and prepare clothes to sell or donate
- mail handmade cards to at least 5 people
- make a handmade gift or treat for each person on my christmas list
- run a 5k and/or participate in a family walk with the kids
- read at least 3 books
- create 3 new canvas collages
- find an opportunity to give generously or perform a few small random acts of kindness
- go on a photo scavenger hunt with the kids
- define my values and goals for the future and live with a plan in mind